For ease and simplicity for our users, we have detailed instructions below to find out the calories burned on an elliptical calculator.
1. Enter the weight details in the first step. Pick the unit of measurement of weight Kg or Lbs
2. Enter the total time spent in training or the number of hours/minutes you plan to use the elliptical.
3. Select the intensity of your workout. You can choose the intensity of your workout.
Cross-trainers or elliptical Trainers are stationary exercise machines that enable one to sit, climb, and walk while keeping their joints in balance. Cross trainers helps us in intense cardio workout based on resistance levels as well as speed.
It is crucial to understand what type of elliptical machine you need before the purchase. This will determine the best workout possible. When buying an elliptical, factors like features are given more importance. Features like: how fast you want the machine to go, whether it has a handlebar, and if you prefer to have a screen or not.
Benefits of Elliptical Workout
Elliptical machines are great ways to burn calories because of numerous benefits.
1. They're low impact, so they don't stress the ankles, knees, hips, and back.
2. Most elliptical machines work the upper and lower body at the same time, which results in more muscle involvement for higher calories burned.
3. An elliptical exercise machine is a total body workout machine that uses all the major muscle groups. It's the best exercise machine because it requires the entire body, including your legs, arms, back, chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and abdomen.
4. Provides the versatility to change the stride length
Calorie burn on elliptical machines depends on several factors
1. The more body weight you have, the more calories you burn during exercise.
2. It depends on the composition of body. People who have more muscle mass burn calories more.
3. Considering the gender factor men have a greater muscle mass, they often burn more calories than women for the same workout.
4. Workout duration matters. The longer the workout, the more calories you burn.
5. With a higher intensity and vigorous intervals, you will be able to boost calorie burn
How To Burn More Calories on Your Elliptical Machine?
1. In an attempt to burn more calories, you can try varying pace from slow to fast, and changing the length of my stride.
2. Make sure to maintain an ideal heart rate of 75-85% maximum throughout your entire workout.
3. If you want to burn more calories on the elliptical, then you can increase your resistance and increase your incline.
4. Make sure to include both arms and legs when you’re working out, as experts say that the workout becomes more challenging when you incorporate both.
5. You might burn more calories on the elliptical by moving backward.
How many calories does the elliptical burn?
The elliptical trainer is a stationary exercise machine that mimics the same workout as running, walking, and stair climbing. You can burn between 140 and 242 calories in a half hour moderate intensity workout. In order to calculate calories burned on elliptical machine you should consider weight, exercise intensity and duration of workout.
1. Calories burned during exercise time = time in min x MET x 3.5 x weight in kg / 200
2. Calories burned per hour of exercise = 60 x MET x 3.5 x weight in kg / 200
How long does it take to burn 500 calories on an elliptical?
As an example, a 150-pound person burns 500 calories within 1 hour 26 min with moderate intensity workout.
How many calories do I Burn doing elliptical for 1 hour?
Calories burned on an elliptical depends on several factors like duration, weight, intensity of the workout. A person with 150lb (68kg) burns around 350 calories in 1 hour (moderate intensity)
How long should I use the elliptical?
A good rule of thumb for how long you should spend on the elliptical is based on your workout goals and your body’s response. If you only use the elliptical as your only source of aerobic exercise, you’ll spend more time using the machine than if you use other types of workouts, such as running or swimming, throughout the week.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), adults should do at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic exercise or 75 minutes of high intensity aerobic exercise each week. Ex: A person can have 5 sessions, 30 minutes each, at a moderate intensity or 5 sessions, 15 minutes each, at a high intensity
1. Ease into each workout by warming up to get your blood flowing and prevent injury. Finish each session with a cooldown to bring your temperature and heart rate back to normal.
2. Maintain your body alignment and use proper appropriate footwear to stay away from injury
3. Make sure to wear a heart rate monitor or fitness tracker when you're exercising, and use the monitor to make sure you're working at your target heart rate. Some devices help you to track pace, distance, and calorie burn.
4. Stick to your fitness goal and be consistent.